Zilveren Kruis healthcare insurance
Or learn more about Basis Budget
Or learn more about Basis Zeker
Or learn more about Basis Exclusief
More about basic insurance
In Dutch only
View the characteristics of your insurance
In Dutch only
You can count on us;
- Insight into your care cost with Zilveren Kruis app
- Personal touch such as the assistance from the Care Coach
- Claims paid out within 3 days: unique
- Insight into your health with TotaalCheck (in Dutch only)
Zilveren Kruis, ZieZo: what’s the difference?
At Zilveren Kruis there is lot's to chose from. You have a wider choice in care providers for example. You decide whether you want to order medical devices online or pick them up from the shop. And a wider choice of supplementary and dental insurances. Don't need extensive supplementary insurance? Then ZieZo might be for you.
This is Zilveren Kruis
- Decide for yourself whether you want insurance with a free, broad or limited choice of hospitals.
- You can arrange healthcare matters online through Mijn Zilveren Kruis or our app.
- Order medicine online or at the pharmacy. You can do this through any contracted pharmacy.
- Order medical devices online or from the shop. You can do this through any contracted suppliers.
- Broader choice of supplementary insurance and dental insurance.
- Option to insure yourself through a group with a discount on your premium and extra reimbursements.
- Zilveren Kruis offers basic restitution insurance with which you can go to any healthcare provider.
This is ZieZo
- Decide for yourself whether you want insurance with a broad or limited choice of hospitals.
- You can arrange healthcare matters online through Mijn Zilveren Kruis or our app. You can contact us through chat and WhatsApp.
- You should preferably order medicines online. You can do this through any contracted pharmacy.
- Some medical devices can only be ordered online, through a small number of suppliers.
- Choice of 2 supplementary insurance policies and 1 dental insurance policy.
- No reimbursement for maternity care or orthodontic care.
Are you aware of our apps?
Zilveren Kruis Wijzer
6 reasons to believe in Zilveren Kruis
1. Health insurer of 3.8 million people in the Netherlands
As one of the largest health insurers, we can make economies of scale when paying for healthcare. These savings are passed on to you.
2. A 7.8 rating on Independer
That’s something we’re very proud of! What our clients value the most is our fast telephone response times, and our Care Coaches.
3. Lots of reimbursements, lots of choice
From physiotherapy to alternative therapies, there’s a good chance we reimburse for the care that you need. With 3 basic policies, 5 supplementary policies and 5 dental policies, Zilveren Kruis always has a package that suits your needs.
4. Lots of extras in your health insurance
The Zilveren Kruis app to arrange your healthcare matters and the Actify-app to lead a healthier lifestyle: our health insurance has it all.
5. Your claim paid within 2 working days
Most of the time, we pay the healthcare provider direct. Did you have to pay the bill yourself? We will reimburse you within 2 working days.
6. Top 3 sustainable health insurer
As a part of Achmea, we take sustainability seriously. For example, we do not invest in companies that have a lot of CO2 emissions.
Frequently asked question
Yes, you can choose your hospital and doctor. But note: not all treatments are reimbursed 100% in every hospital.
The number of hospitals and doctors you can go to depends on your insurance.
- With the Basis Budget, you can go to a selected number of hospitals and a wide range of care providers.
- With the Basis Zeker, you can go to a wide range of hospitals and wide range of care providers.
- With the Basis Exclusief, you can go to any hospital or care provider.
Through our medical care provider search tool (zorgzoeker) you can find out which hospital or doctor you can go to.
A collective insurance is an insurance for a group of people such as a company or an association. The insurance premium is therefore competitive.
We have good agreements with most employers and branch organizations in the Netherlands about collective insurance for employees or members. These agreements also apply to many sport associations and organizations for the elderly. Even as a student, you are entitled to a collective insurance. The level of discount depends on the your collective.
You can find your possible collective advantages in our collectiviteitszoeker (collective search tool (in Dutch only)).
All you have to do is take out healthcare insurance with us. You can online. We will cancel your current insurance on your behalf. You don’t have to do a thing.
Yes you can if you prefer to do this by mail. Use one of the following application forms:
The level of your premium depends on a number of things:
The type of insurance
Each insurance package has its own price. The Basis Budget (with a selected number of hospitals you can visit) is cheaper than the Basis Exclusief (with which you can visit any hospital). The Basis Budget (with a selected number of hospitals you can visit) is cheaper than the Basis Exclusief (with which you can visit any hospital). In addition to the basic insurance, you could choose a supplementary or a dental insurance. Different combinations have different premiums.
The level of your excess
The higher the excess, the more discount you get on your insurance premium. Please note, a higher excess means you would have to pay more out of your own pocket if you use care from your basic health insurance.
When you take part in collective healthcare insurance, via your employer for example, you can get discount on your insurance premium for supplementary and dental insurances. The level of discount depends on your collective.
We do our best to give you an answer as soon as possible. Find out what our agreements are about the response time (reactietermijnen) (in Dutch only) of your question, complaint, comment or suggestion.