Our basic insurance
The basic insurance is mandatory in the Netherlands. The government determines what is covered and is the same with each healthcare insurer. The basic insurance premium is not age-dependent. Each basic insurance covers, among other things:
We have 3 basic healthcare insurances
Do you want to know where care is reimbursed 100%?
Then go to our useful medical care provider search tool (zorgzoeker). You will find a clear overview of contracted care providers near you.
The higher the excess, the lower the insurance premium
You can increase your voluntary excess for 2021 up to a maximum of € 885. You will, however, pay a higher amount for medical costs.
- Save up to € 3.50 per month with Basis Zeker
- Save up to € 4 per month Basis Budget and Basis Exclusief
- Save up to € 7 per month with Basis Zeker
- Save up to € 8 per month with Basis Budget and Basis Exclusief
- Save up to € 10.50 per month with Basis Zeker
- Save up to € 12 per month with Basis Budget and Basis Exclusief
- Save up to € 14 per month with Basis Zeker
- Save up to € 16 per month with Basis Budget and Basis Exclusief
Tand Basis for € 7.95 p/m
For a small amount you insure yourself against unexpected high costs. Tand Basis covers among other things:
- Check-ups + Controle + dental cleaning
- Small fillings or teeth pulling
Frequently asked question
Yes, you can choose your hospital and doctor. But note: not all treatments are reimbursed 100% in every hospital.
The number of hospitals and doctors you can go to depends on your insurance.
- With the Basis Budget, you can go to a selected number of hospitals and a wide range of care providers.
- With the Basis Zeker, you can go to a wide range of hospitals and wide range of care providers.
- With the Basis Exclusief, you can go to any hospital or care provider.
Through our medical care provider search tool (zorgzoeker) you can find out which hospital or doctor you can go to.
A collective insurance is an insurance for a group of people such as a company or an association. The insurance premium is therefore competitive.
We have good agreements with most employers and branch organizations in the Netherlands about collective insurance for employees or members. These agreements also apply to many sport associations and organizations for the elderly. Even as a student, you are entitled to a collective insurance. The level of discount depends on the your collective.
You can find your possible collective advantages in our collectiviteitszoeker (collective search tool (in Dutch only)).
All you have to do is to take out healthcare insurance with us. You can sign up online. If you apply before the 31st of December, we will arrange cancellation of your current insurance for you. You don’t have to do a thing.
The level of your premium depends on a number of things:
The type of insurance
Each insurance package has its own price. The Basis Budget (with a selected number of hospitals you can visit) is cheaper than the Basis Exclusief (with which you can visit any hospital). The Basis Budget (with a selected number of hospitals you can visit) is cheaper than the Basis Exclusief (with which you can visit any hospital). In addition to the basic insurance, you could choose a supplementary or a dental insurance. Different combinations have different premiums.
The level of your excess
The higher the excess, the more discount you get on your insurance premium. Please note, a higher excess means you would have to pay more out of your own pocket if you use care from your basic health insurance.
We do our best to give you an answer as soon as possible. Find out what our agreements are about the response time (reactietermijnen) (in Dutch only) of your question, complaint, comment or suggestion.