Our basic healthcare insurances
Care is well organised in the Netherlands. Anyone who lives or works in the Netherlands must take out basic healthcare insurance. We accept everyone who is entitled to healthcare insurance. What care is covered by basic insurance? The government determines. Zilveren Kruis makes sure that you can always go to a good care provider in the neighbourhood.
- Insight into your care cost with Zilveren Kruis app
- Personal touch such as the assistance from the Care Coach
- Claims submitted before noon are paid the following day
Our 3 basic healthcare insurances
In 2024 our Basis Exclusief becomes a combined policy in 2024
Our Basis Exclusief becomes a combined policy as reimbursement for non-contracted mental health care and district nursing modifies. Find out more about these modifications.
Or learn more about the basic insurance
Or learn more about the basic insurance
- You can easily reach us, even in the evening
- Personal communication
- We will arrange your switch for you
This is included in the basic insurance
What is reimbursed from basic insurance
- General practitioner (GP)
- Hospital treatment
- Medical specialists
- Ambulance and other patient transport
- Maternity care and obstetric care
- Dental care up to the age of 18
- Physiotherapy up to the age of 18
- Psychological care
Not reimbursed (among others)
- Physiotherapy for non-chronic illness
- Dental care for those over the age of 18
- Alternative treatments
- Spectacles and contact lenses
- Maternity package
You can insure these medical costs via our supplementary insurances.
A care provider without a contract with us
For a non-contracted care provider the reimbursement may be lower than a contracted care provider. Sometimes you don’t receive a reimbursement at all.
Reimbursement from basic package for a contracted care provider
- Receive 100% reimbursement of the contracted tariff
- We have good agreements on the quality and availability of care
- We arrange payment with the care provider
Reimbursement from basic package for a non-contracted care provider
- Receive up to 75% of the average contracted tariff if you have Basis Budget or Basis Zeker
- We do not have agreements on the quality and availability of care
- You first pay the care provider then claim the costs from us
You will receive 100% reimbursement at any hospital, regardless of your basic insurance.
Your collective insurance
Many employers have taken our collective insurance with us for their employees. We also have collective insurances through sports clubs or membership organisations.
Advantages of collective insurance:
For certain care from basic insurance you pay part of the costs yourself. The mandatory excess for 2023 is €385. This means that you will pay the first €385 for received care that fall under the excess yourself.
- Children up to age 18 don’t pay excess or premium
- Did you know that you can pay the excess in instalments (in Dutch only)?
- You can also decide to increase your voluntary excess when you rarely need care
The higher the excess, the lower the insurance premium
You can increase your voluntary excess up to a maximum of €885 for a lower insurance premium. However, you will pay a higher amount for medical costs. View below what you will save on your insurance premium with a higher excess.
- Save up to € 3.50 per month with Basis Budget
- Save up to € 3.50 per month with Basis Zeker
- Save up to € 4 per month with Basis Exclusief
- Save up to € 7 per month Basis Budget
- Save up to € 7 per month with Basis Zeker
- Save up to € 8 per month with Basis Exclusief
- Save up to € 10.50 per month Basis Budget
- Save up to € 10.50 per month with Basis Zeker
- Save up to € 12 per month with Basis Exclusief
- Save up to € 14 per month Basis Budget
- Save up to € 14 per month with Basis Zeker
- Save up to € 16 per month with Basis Exclusief
Want to know more about our services?
You can easily submit bills online. In Mijn Zilveren Kruis, you can arrange much more regarding your healthcare insurance. You can easily reach us with our extended opening hours. Further information available in Dutch only.
Frequently asked questions
If no further health care is needed (e.g. physiotherapy or dental check-ups), then a basic insurance is enough. Take into account that unexpected cost are not covered by the basic insurance. For example, if you become ill abroad and need to be brought back to the Netherlands.
Until the age of 18, the basic insurance covers 18 physiotherapy treatments. For adults, the basic insurance does not cover physiotherapy. In most cases, physiotherapy is covered under the supplementary insurance. Find the complete reimbursement for those over 18 in our overview (in Dutch only).
Contraception is only covered by the basic health insurance on medical grounds or for those younger than 21. In all other cases, contraception is reimbursed under the supplementary insurance. You will find the reimbursement for contraception in the overview of benefits (in Dutch only).
Urgent necessary medical care abroad is reimbursed from basic insurance up to the tariff that applies in the Netherlands. In some countries medical costs are higher than in the Netherlands. With supplementary insurance, you are better insured against unexpected costs. In our overview of reimbursements (in Dutch only), you will find everything about reimbursements of costs made abroad.
Zilveren Kruis is part of Achmea. Achmea has more health care brands than only Zilveren Kruis. We have prepared a table for you to compare basic insurance policies of Achmea. Further information available in Dutch only.