- Choice of 5 supplementary insurances: the more stars, the more extensive the coverage
- The excess doesn't apply to dental insurance
- Dental care required as a result of an accident reimbursed up to € 2,000
Our 5 dental insurances
What we reimburse you will find in our reimbursements overview (in Dutch only). Medical acceptance applies to dental insurance 3 and 4 stars. The premium differs per age. Choose a category and check the premium.
You can insure yourself against
- Extractions of teeth and molars
- Oral hygiene
- Bridges, crowns and other treatments
- Dental care required as a result of an accident
No reimbursement for
- Bleaching of teeth and molars
- Treatment by dental technician
- Dental statements
- Mandibular advancement splint and related diagnostic
- Missed appointments
View the reimbursement for the complete list of what is and isn’t reimbursed from our dental insurances. Further information available in Dutch only.
Good to know
- The excess doesn't apply to supplementary insurance
- Nearly all dental costs are covered under basic insurance for children up to age 18
- You don't pay premium for children up to age 18
- Orthodontic treatment up to age 18 is not covered by basic or dental insurance. One of the parents must have 3 or 4 star supplementary insurance
- Orthodontic treatment for those over the age of 18 is only covered in exceptional cases
Frequently asked questions
Yes, medical underwriting applies to the dental insurance with 3 and 4 stars. We'll ask the applicant some questions about the condition of their teeth. If it turns out that a lot of dental care is needed, unfortunately we cannot offer these policies. When you take out dental insurance online, we will ask you the same questions. Would you like to know what these questions are in advance. Find them on the application form (pdf).
Do you have dental insurance with your former insurer that is comparable to our 3 or 4 star dental insurance?
Then medical acceptance doesn’t apply. Pass this on when you apply for insurance online. Unsure whether these are comparable? Feel free to contact us.
That varies per person. If you visit the dentist frequently, then it is wise to take out dental insurance.
We have 5 dental insurances, something for everyone. You choose up to what amount you wish to be insured for. For example, with Tand Basis you are insured for 2 check-ups and 15 minutes of dental cleaning at the dentist or oral hygienist. Or 1 check-up and 25 minutes of dental cleaning. And also a simple filling or extraction of a molar is reimbursed.
For a small amount you are well insured for dental costs. Would you prefer to be insured for more? Then you can opt for a more extensive dental insurance. For x-rays, crowns and bridges for example.
Up to the age of 18, dental care is covered under the basic insurance. Are you over the age of 18, dental care after an accident is reimbursed from supplementary insurance and dental insurance. Find everything about the reimbursement of dental care after an accident (in Dutch only) in our reimbursement overview.