Retirees and beneficiaries

Do you live in a country within the European Union? And do you receive pension or benefits out of the Netherlands? You can get your medical care here. Therefore, the CAK needs to register you.

You are entitled to medical care in the Netherlands once the CAK has registered you. The CAK will provide you with an European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).

What will be reimbursed?

You will receive basic health care from the Dutch Health Insurance Act (Zvw) or the Act Long-term Care (Wlz).

View the most frequent forms of basic health care

How do I pay?

  • In most cases we will reimburse your health care bill directly to your care provider
    You don’t have to take any action.
  • Sometimes you will have to pay the health care bill in advance
    For example, when we only reimburse part of your treatment.
  • If you received a health care bill, send it to us
    Send us the original bill together with a copy of your international proof of insurance and a claim form to:

Zilveren Kruis
Groep Buitenlands Recht
Postbus 650

Useful links